LONDON – Top-ranked IP law firm Powell Gilbert LLP today announces that it has won nine awards at the LMG Life Sciences Awards 2021, including several firmwide and individual accolades, awarded at a virtual ceremony held on 13 May 2021.
Most notably, the firm won the UK Life Sciences Firm of the Year and the European Patent Litigation Firm of the Year in two separate life sciences categories. In addition, Penny Gilbert, Tim Powell and Joel Coles each won individual awards.
The firm was also recognised for its success before the Supreme Court in the case of Regeneron v Kymab, which was named as one of three “Impact Cases” of the year
The full list of awards won by the firm and individual members of the team is as follows.
- United Kingdom Life Sciences Firm of the Year
- European Patent Litigation Firm of the Year – Biotech
- European Patent Litigation Firm of the Year – Biologics
- European Patent Strategy Firm of the Year
- European Opposition Procedure Firm of the Year
LMG Impact Cases win:
- European Patent Litigator of the Year – Biotech: Penny Gilbert
- European Patent Litigator of the Year - Medical devices: Tim Powell
- European Intellectual Property Rising Star: Joel Coles
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals Inc v Kymab Ltd  UKSC 27 - Powell Gilbert: Iain Purvis QC, Michael Tappin QC represented Kymab.
The LMG Life Sciences Europe Awards 2021 celebrate firms and lawyers on the forefront of legal work in life sciences, across a broad spectrum of practice and technology areas. Supported by its sister publications, including Managing IP, the Life Sciences Awards follow a comprehensive research process of case evidence, client feedback and peer interviews to highlight the firms, individuals and notable matters of the year.